Sunday, October 3, 2010

Digimon, digital monsters

Hi!  I'm back.  My mom and dad were in town this weekend (drove up from the homeburgh!) and it was great.  I've been feeling a little tired and in need of TLC and their (albeit short) time here hit the spot.  They seemed to be happy to have come too.  They didn't think the place was a pigsty (yahoo!) and they just made the home a cozy happy place.  Mom also made a ton of awesome food and I feel full and happy.

Today I took mom and dad to the ophthalmology department to show them around.  I did a quick exam on my mom's eyes and saw early cataracts.  OK so everyone over the age of 40 has some degree of cataract but it's always a shock to know that rules that apply to the general population also do apply to my mother, who in my mind is always perfect.  You know?  It's weird.  I kind of wish I didn't even look.  At the same time though, it reminds me of why doctors in general tend to be a little lax about their own health, and sometimes even in recognizing problems in the health of their close family members.  It's "patients" who have the messed up health, not any of my own!

Back to reading, like usual.  Happily though. :-)

1 comment: