After a long departure I am back. So here's how things went. I read obsessively the first half of the year. The second half of the year I reviewed it all, and felt constant fear and pressure to keep going so I could do as well as I could on OKAPs. OKAPs came on April 16, and now they're over. The results are supposed to come in a few weeks. The last month and a half I took vacation, went to a research meeting and presented a poster, tried to better my clinical skills. Admittedly, I've been lax with the reading, picking up a book or a journal for just a few minutes daily. I think my brain was just tired of studying. My eyes would cross at the sight at yet another article talking about the benefits of Avastin or Lucentis in yet another neovascular disease.
Today, some switch flipped in me. The fire is back on. Maybe it was this attending that came to speak at Grand Rounds today. She spoke with this quiet force that left me in awe. It was a lecture on research, and she took no excuses for not being productive and doing great work. She was good. OK, I'm back in.
I'm glad its finally June and its finally hot outside. I'm glad I'm feeling energetic again. Time for some ice cream, then to work.
No comments:
Post a Comment