Ha! And I said I'd come back from a hiatus in my last post which was a year and a half ago! Ha! Well, I can try again can't I?
Interestingly I chose the name Scleral Spur just before I started Ophthalmology residency by opening the Fundamentals book of our textbook series to a random page and pointing to a word. Of all words, I got scleral spur. And what came from that? I became glaucoma fellowship-bound. Funny how these things happen.
Well, I really do feel like my dreams came true with this match. My level of thankfulness was off the charts on December 19th (Match Day) when I found out that I not only matched (not matching was a fear that had crossed my mind) but also got my first choice. I don't remember ever being so happy and excited by the results of an application process. I've learned quite a bit along the way but I'm happy not to be applying like this ever again.
This might be dramatic but it feels like life may be starting now. I want to live in a house. A detached one with 2 floors and a front door leading to the ground. I am done with highrise living. Unfortunately with real life comes real decisionmaking. Like mortgages, attorneys, applying for full medical licensure. When does the work stop? Sounds like never. In fact, it sounds like the un-fun work just sort of continues in one form or another for infinity.
That's ok. It's happy work and I'm thankful to have the chance to do it. Hopefully I can keep up the happy work of this blog too. :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment