Lots going on today. At noon is a new residents welcome party - we're playing miniature golf! Should be fun! Although from what I hear, it's going to be a steamy day today. No rest for my skin that's probably darkened like 3-4 shades over the course of this summer. Actually I saw a wedding picture of mine on the wall yesterday and compared my skin color now to the way it was then. Had to ask the husband if the pic was photoshopped to make me look lighter. Apparently I really was that light-skinned for the wedding. I've just tanned immensely. Anyways, I'm married now and so I DO WHAT I WANT! Haha.
Mini-golfing reminds me of when I used to go to the local minigolf place with my mom. I was an interesting kid when I was little, and somehow mini-golf made me feel very competitive. Anyways, my mom and I had our moments on the course with good shots and bad shots, but finally we came up to the final hole. This hole had the stipulation that if you were able to time your single putt just right (and from a pretty long distance!) and were able to get your ball past the swinging windmill and down the right series of tubes, you'd get a hole-in-one that qualified you for the next visit free! I went first, and my ball hit the windmill (not even the fan blade, but rather the actual base of the windmill) and came right back to me. Mom followed, and her's miraculously went through the small hole in the windmill, through an awesome series of tubes, and right into the hole in one basket. She got a card for a free game. I lost it. I must've been acting like a real loser over it, so my mom threw the free game card in a stream as we walked to the parking lot. Then I felt worse. Ok so this story reflects terribly on 8-9 year-old me. But the memory is vivid. I watched the card get swept away by the slow current, and thought to myself "what the heck is wrong with me?" And now everything is all better. I am CURED! Haha. Actually I still can't play board games against the husband because his childhood seemed to include boardgame master training, so I get crushed everytime. These days I'm able to play probably 2-3 times before I stomp away saying the game is stupid. Heh. Maybe I'm not cured completely.
OK! The rest of my day today -- dinner and a show! Dinner at a fancy Italian restaurant in the city, the same set of restaurants where K and I went after we got engaged. By the way, today is our 9 (NINE) year dating anniversary. That is ridiculous. I'm pretty sure I was a child 9 years ago, and I'm pretty sure I had no idea I'd be blogging about this 9 years later. Heh.
After dinner, we're seeing Billy Elliot, the Broadway show based on the movie about a working-class English boy who just wants to dance! Haha I love that byline. Can't wait to see it, I've been looking forward to seeing it for quite some time.
So in the meantime, I must study. I'm trying to read 3 books at once because I have to... and it really feels like slow goings. Here goes nothing!
No comments:
Post a Comment