Just ate vegetarian chicken nuggets for afternoon snack. That was really tasty. Felt like I had my own little Happy Meal right here at home. I'm lovin it.
In other news, Billy Elliot turned out to be a shoulder-shrugger. The 12 year old boy playing Billy (Giuseppe Bausilio) was cute and danced beautifully, and there definitely were some memorable scenes. None of the songs, however, despite being written by Elton John, were catchy or memorable. The characters were supposed to have a British countryside accent which was, many times, unintelligible. The "be yourself" theme was laid on a little thick, especially through some very cliched song lyrics. I'm not sure who named it "musical of the decade," but as I left the theater, something told me that it was a man who saw himself in the little boy who just wanted to dance. Unfortunately, he himself turned out to have two left feet and was left to live vicariously through Billy Elliot. Well, I'll let him enjoy his rapture... and in my mind I'll respectfully disagree.
Big week of clinic and morning conferences chock-full of reading assignments ahead. Doing my best to keep on top of it...
No comments:
Post a Comment