Yesterday was great. Finally (!) the sun was out full-force, instead of the cloudiness that had lingered for days. Got to exercise in the morning, do some reading, cleaned and vacuumed the whole place, ate a nice Mediterranean-style lunch, and even took a nap! I awoke with Jamba on my mind, so walked over to Jamba Juice for the $1 smoothie. I was kind of anticipating either a ridiculously long line or that the promotion was already over because I was going there in the late afternoon.
Lucky me! I got there and was the third person in line. The lady who works at the Jamba near me is a little nutty/weird. I asked her which flavor of the 5 that were on sale was the best, and she gave me a good answer (Pomegranate Paradise, if you like tart; something else I don't remember if you like sweet). So I ordered my Pomegranate Paradise and saw $5 pop up on the register. Hoping to understand what was going on before things became awkward, I asked "Oh, it's not $1 anymore?" Her response: "IT IS. I'm changing it next, if you didn't ask so many questions!" Ha! OK then. No more questions. I did, in turn, receive a really good Pomegranate Paradise and sipped it all the way to the Park.
Walked to Grant Park for the Vivaldi Four Seasons free outdoor concert -- I got there an hour early, laid down in a nice fluffy grassy spot, and read a magazine. Soon people were all around me, setting up some really beautiful dinners for themselves and their families. Too bad the husband was on call, would've loved to picnic there with him. Got some great ideas though -- this one family brought 4 milk crates and put them in a big square over a nice blanket. They covered the crates with a white tablecloth. They sat around this "table" with lawn chairs (the older family members) or sat directly on the blanket. They had several homemade submarine sandwiches (looked like pesto, tomato, and fresh mozzarella inside an Italian roll) that they brought over in a cooler, individually wrapped in saran wrap. They also brought over wine and wine glasses. It looked so simple yet so elegant. I've gotta try that sometime.
The concert ended just as the sun was setting. It was so nice to enjoy the outdoors for that long, especially with all that beautiful music in the background. I need to make sure I spend all the time I can outside these next few days before residency begins, so I don't feel like I missed out. OK! Hopefully another good day today!
No comments:
Post a Comment