A very busy day yesterday! I was going to start this post last night after dinner with a quote from the Olsen twins, "It was the best of times, it was the worst of times... actually, it was dinnertime." Haha. Well it was appropriate at the time.
The husband had a day off yesterday, so we took the chance to head out to the BAPS Swaminarayan Mandir in Bartlett, IL. We're not even Swaminarayan but its always a treat to go there when we get the chance because of the nice environment and Indian food downstairs. As usual it was beautiful and obviously meticulously cared for. After darshan, we went downstairs to the Shayona restaurant -- the food was so good! The menu was rotlis, mattar paneer, rice, and daal. We even packed up some of their frozen foods to go! Outside there were fountains and hanging flower baskets everywhere. Too bad it's an hour drive from our apartment. We'd go there all the time if it was closer!
Anyways, we did a couple of other errands and picked up a Matt Damon movie called "The Informant!". The husband used some new frames that we bought to put up pictures at home while I made homemade pizza and salad. (Actually, a little side note -- while we were trying to get the pictures in the frames, we realized that the picture of flowers that were already inside the frames as the filler pictures were really nice! We contemplated just putting up the flower pictures instead of our wedding pictures, haha). Dinner was tasty and so filling we couldn't handle dessert. The movie turned out to be a bit of a dud... too much to concentrate on in the evening and things weren't really going anywhere when we just turned it off. Then we fell asleep. Heh.
So all in all it was a great day -- it was so nice to have lots of things to do and spend some QT with the hubster. I woke up this AM and walked into the living room -- the photos on the wall look awesome. We had this one blank wall behind the half sofa that was kind kinda sitting there, and I think the frames really spruced things up.
This morning I'm watching Saved by the Bell and eating Cheerios and banana slices (inspired by the picture on the box!). According to people.com (another favorite), Tiffany Thiessen (aka Tiffany Amber Thiessen aka Kelly Kapowski) just had a baby girl named Harper yesterday. How nice. I thought I had more to say about that but I don't, heh. Anyways, in this episode that I'm watching right now, Jessie used the terms "sexist pig" and "sexist pigism" like 10 times just now. She just used her high school radio show to get a female student the chance to try out for the wrestling team. The wrestling coach initially turned down the girl by telling her she'd be better upstairs in home ec. class and that while she's there she should bake him a cake. Ooh the discriminatory tension. This is too good to be missed.
OK. The cool thing of the day that I'll be trying to catch is $1 smoothie day at Jamba Juice. Will let you know if I was successful!
No comments:
Post a Comment