Monday, June 28, 2010

Countdown is on!

Two days until I begin Ophthalmology! 

Got back yesterday early afternoon from H-town.  I liked it there a lot, and of course staying at my sister's actual house made it a comfortable and fun trip.  I can't wait until I can have a little patio and a garden like she does.  Until then I'll try to make the most of my beautiful 1br apartment in the city, and share the outdoor terrace with the sunbathers and picnic-ing families.

Today is a reading day and definitely a cleaning day.  Dishes, laundry, bathroom cleaning, vacuuming... lots to do!  Ooh and at some point we'll be heading to the Taste -- it's that time of year again!  :-)

In interesting and completely unrelated news, my new workplace is including health, eye, and dental insurance with my income, so I wanted to get rid of my current insurance that is currently through my husband's work.  Well when I called to office to take my name off of his insurance, they said that they can't do that.  Rather, I have to have him turn in my proof of new insurance to them, and only after that will they take me off of his insurance.  Its weird because insurance isn't mandatory, but suddenly in this case it is.  What if I just decided that I no longer want to pay for vision insurance?  Can't I just go without it?  The lady at that office says no.  I think she's not telling me the whole truth.  Anyways, I'm probably going to end up just doing what they want because I don't want to go into a whole against the grain insurance struggle.  That is all.

Time to get workin!

No comments:

Post a Comment