A GIANT finding online today!! I just found all of the tracks from the tape entitled "Comin' Out of their Shells" on YouTube. First, this is one of the greatest tapes I ever owned. Secondly, this find makes me think that YouTube may be one of the greatest inventions of the last decade. Seriously. Now, about this tape and what makes it so special...
When I was in elementary school I, like most of my peers, frequented Pizza Hut due to the Book It! program. This program rewarded reading by allowing teachers to give out these little slips for a personal pan pizza at Pizza Hut if you showed evidence of having read a certain number of books (at least that's how it worked in my school). I loved reading, so naturally I was there at least every month and a half. OK so during all those years in the early 90s, the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles movies had come out and there were all kinds of promotions going on where you could spend a couple more bucks and get a toy or basketball or tape or poster with your meal. So my parents spent the extra $3.99 on me one day (obviously they loved me a lot), and I received a tape entitled "Comin' Out of their Shells" with my dinner. It is supposedly sung by the TMNT themselves.
I took the tape home, listened to it, and it turned out to be AWESOME. My favorite song: Walk Straight. A ridiculously good song. My sisters and I had dance marathons to this tape, and afterwards would collapse into a happy, exhausted slumber. I had some great memories made while playing this tape. Here's a link to the track, complete with the tape's cover art shown in the video!:
In addition to songs like Walk Straight, there's a rap on the tape, April sings a ballad, and even Splinter gets a chance at the mic at some point. Every song sounds distinctly and awesomely early 90s. This made my day.
No comments:
Post a Comment